6/27/2007

Temporary Hearing Loss

What a day! I woke up this morning with a noticeable hearing loss in my left ear. Seems to be my karma though....my career choice continually coming back to bite me in the ..... I say this because I must get laryngitis 5-6 times a year easy, Spence needed speech therapy for speech-language delay, they recommended speech therapy for Olive's problem taking bottles, and now this, the hearing loss....thank God I didn't become a mortician. Luckily, they had an opening at my Dr.'s office for an afternoon appointment. I was pretty sure this was due to a recent sinus infection I had and most likely fluid in my ear.

Well, it wasn't fluid. As embarassing as it sounds, turns out I have a real ear wax problem....enough to impair my hearing. I had to undergo bilateral ear irrigation. The only way I can describe this (for those who haven't had the pleasure of this experience) is that it must be what it's like to get your ear flushed down the toilet. But, low and behold, I can hear again!

Spence had a fun day at camp, said he learned to do the chicken dance. Tomorrow they have pony rides. Olive is still refusing pears, makes a horrible grimace and then spits them out at you. I'm hoping to make her some homemade pureed carrots tomorrow...but I'm not expecting her to like them. Spencer loved baby food, ate it up, his favorite was sweet potatoes.

I talked briefly with Bev this afternoon and she thinks she is having another girl, we will see in a few months. From what I hear, they are easy in the beginning, not so easy during those teen years. At least that's what Jim says. By the way, Jim, if your reading, hope your feeling better and I hate to say I told you so about the antibiotic ;)

That's all for today, the kids are both asleep and I am grateful to be enjoying the sweet sound of silence in the house with optimal bilateral hearing acuity.

No comments: