6/23/2007

Rain and Snow Cones

Today started out kind of rainy. Mom came by this morning and we took Spencer to get his hair cut. Then we went to Target to pick up some much needed items to get me through the next few days. They had their Speedo swim vests on sale, so I picked one up for Spence for vacation. I think it will work better than the arm floaties. After our shopping we had a nice lunch at Olive Garden and our Olive was an angel through lunch, not one crying spell!! Anyone who has small children know the fear/dread/torture of going out to eat with those under the age of 3. Once home I did some cleaning and then we went to the St. Aloysius picnic. Spencer enjoyed himself, went down some slides, played some games, won some prizes, got his hand painted (a new option for those who don't want their face painted) and best of all, we had snow cones!!! Anyone that knows me well knows how much I love snow cones. I've often contemplated buying an ice shaver or some other "snow cone maker", but to me the snow cone is the whole experience. It's the paper cone that holds the ice. It's eating it in 90 degree weather at a fair or picnic or cookout. I once opted to skip going on a tour of the Alamo in San Antonio just so I could eat a snow cone.

Our Direct TV is on the blink due to a nasty storm outside, therefore Spencer has resorted to watching a Blues Clues video. Little Miss Olive is fast asleep. On a side note, I'm really worried that my dog's may have killed/eaten/seriously maimed our neighbor's pet turtle that lives in their back yard. The gate that connects our yards was left open when I let them out tonight and when I didn't hear them scratching after, oh.... about a half hr. or so, I took a peek and saw them in the yard. So, keep your fingers crossed that the little guy (it's a girl actually) is OK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Passing up the Alamo to eat a snowcone! I might have done that but it would only be for a hawaiian shaved ice (mango-lime)...