6/26/2007

Sew much better

Good News...I found my phone. It was in Olive's stroller. Had I not found it, I would've had to purchase 3 new phones within the last 6 months. The other phone casualties were due to drowning in a washing machine and geting run over by a car. I'm kind of the same way with sunglasses, which is why I never buy expensive shades.

I paid a visit to the fabric store again today in preparation for my second quest to sew Olive a dress. My first attempt wasn't too successful. The dress was actually nearly finished and then a mishap with the button-holer ruined the whole project. Out of frustration, I ripped the dress up with a seam ripper and threw it away. I come by this behavior honestly though, my mom said when I was a baby she tried to sew me a dress and when it didn't fit, she got mad and threw it away too. She never tried to sew again. But, I'm gonna break that vicious cycle and make it right. So, I purchased "sewing for dummies" and am looking forward to happy stitching from here on out.

We had dinner at the Raible's this evening. Their neighbors also dined with us and brought the most scrumptuous homemade blueberry-peach cobbler I think I've ever had. They said it was from this month's Cooking Light Magazine recipe. That is worth purchasing the magazine. Spencer fell asleep on the way home and is down for the night, as is the little Olive, who by the way, is moving all over the place commando style, just dying to crawl. I will have to look into how you can attach video links to this blog and record her little antics.

1 comment:

zoogal said...

Ahem, recipe please!!!