6/24/2007

Christmas in June


As I write this post, I'm over halfway through my 4 days of being Larry-less. After speaking with him today, it doesn't look like his team will be moving on in the regional tournament, so he will definitely be coming home on Tuesday.

This morning Spencer found his Christmas Santa hat that he manages to stretch out and fit into every year (quite a feat because the kid's got one giant melon of a head). He asked if Olive had a hat that she could wear too, and I managed to find the one he wore for his first Christmas. It was the cutest thing seeing her in the little elf-like hat (as depicted in above photo). Too bad it won't fit her once Christmas actually gets here.

We visited with Adam, Jenna and Isabelle today which was a nice break out of the house for myself and Spence. Olive enjoyed watching the kids run around and laugh. I wonder what she thinks about them. When we came home, the neighborhood kids were playing outside and we spent a good hour and a half out in the court. Spence rode his bike around while Olive fell asleep in her stroller. After a quick dinner and bath, Olive was off to sleep, and after just a few books, so was Spence. Being a full-time parent is absolutely exhausting. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: