9/03/2007

Sick of being Sick

It has been forever since I have posted. Two reasons really: 1. Our laptop has been in the shop and I was unable to sign into the account on our computer downstairs (doesn't allow pop-ups and I don't know how to fix it). 2. The kids have both been very sick with a variety of illnesses. It has truly been a crappy 2 weeks. I am hoping we are on our way to a healthy household, minus the occasional cold. We had some rough stuff. Olive's UTI and Spence had a horrible virus/flu-like thing that took him out for a week.

I'm excited for Spence. He starts school tomorrow. His class this year is small, only 8 kids. He goes 4 days a week!! He is looking forward to it and shows no apprehension whatsoever. He is really just excited to carry his Backyardigans backpack! Turns out I have volunteered to be a room mother for the class. I know...very much unlike me, but there really was no one else to do it. Two new moms, another just had a baby, one doesn't speak English well, one is crazy (the cookie lady for those who know the story) and that pretty much left Amy (my friend who's son Tyler was in Spence's class last year) and myself. We will be in charge of coordinating all holiday parties and field trips. I think it's doable.

Not too much to update on Olive. She's still crawling around everywhere. She is able to pull up on furniture. The girl wants to walk. She's also recently shown some signs of jealousy toward anyone who has mama. I was holding Spence today b/c he wasn't feeling well and she saw me pick him up like a baby and started crying and reaching out for me. If I walk by her and don't pick her up or acknowledge her she will cry...even if Larry is sitting with her and playing with her. She's still mommy's girl. It's funny b/c I would've thought the jealousy would've been the other way around. But, Spencer is my Angel, he's never shown any signs of jealousy. He just says how much he loves her. What a precious boy I have.

Now that the laptop is back, I plan to finish the video ASAP. I promise to post when it is complete. On another note, Larry and I went car shopping today. We are looking for a crossover style vehicle with 3rd row seating. We don't want a minivan though. Right now, we are liking the Mitsubishi Outlander. We test-drove one today and were pleased. Thankfully Larry has me to keep him grounded or else he would buy immediately....he has no self-control. He was ready to take home the Outlander.

No comments: