7/31/2007

An Uneventful Week

Gosh, it's been nearly a week since my last post. I'm not even sure what has kept me so busy, but I haven't had much time to sit down and write. This week has been pretty uneventful... a good thing around here.

This past Saturday we went swimming at Spencer's friend Tyler's neighborhood pool. Spence was showing off his swimming skills and then he told Larry that he wanted to jump off of the diving board. It was completely his idea and he had little if no apprehension/fear. I didn't think he would do it, but the little guy walked to the end of the board and took a leap of faith and jumped down to his daddy. He loved it and was so proud of himself. He did it over and over, which was fun for him but very tiring for Larry who had to tread water the entire time.

I have been spending some time researching a destination for next year's vacation. So far, I am leaning toward an island off the Florida panhandle called St. George. We are hoping to find something beachfront or at least oceanview with a pool. While I loved Fripp Island, the constant travel to the beach and/or pool took so much time to pack up, drive there, set up, etc. It would be nice to have those amenities within walking distance, preferably the backyard. The cost is greater, but I think it is worth it. There isn't much available along those lines in Fripp, and I'm sorta over Fripp. I would like to see someplace new.

Larry is upstairs with Spence. He has been reading Harry Potter to him, but I'm not sure how much of it Spence understands/enjoys. Someone recommended trying the Magic Treehouse series, so Spence and I ran up to Books-a-Million today and bought the first book. It's written for preschoolers, so I am hoping he will enjoy it. This one is about Dragons I think. Olive is off to sleep too, she fought it some tonight, but we finally got her down. I made her some homemade squash from Mom's garden, and she loves it. Next food: Green Beans!! Hopefully she will like these better than peas.

No comments: