7/17/2007

Finally Home


Well, we are finally home. We had a wonderful time, but I have to say that I'm glad to be back...a sign that I had a full vacation. The weather was wonderful the entire time, we ate good and played hard. And, most importantly (drum roll) Spencer learned to swim this vacation!! Thanks to Barb's swim school. It's not the easiest way to do it, but it is the most effective....Not recommended for the squeamish. Spence was ready to swim though, he wasn't scared and loved the challenge. Now, I'm proud to say that he can swim under water without assistance for short distances. He's still not totally independent, but I'd say he has the basics down. Mom taught him in one day what 6 months of swimming lessons at "All About Kids" couldn't do. We will just have to make sure we keep taking him to the pool this summer in order to make sure he doesn't forget.

Yesterday's plane ride was a little rough to say the least. The flights were so turbulent that Spence threw up on the second flight. Poor guy was done. I don't know if he will ever eat Cheetos again...I don't know if Larry or I will either for that matter. But, he's already back into the swing of things today, off to camp this morning. I've already hit the grocery and restocked for the week ahead. I'm looking forward to getting back into our routine too.

I will try to upload some pics from the trip to my photobucket acct. Until then, here is one from the front steps of the beach house.

No comments: