6/06/2008

The future's so bright...I gotta wear shades!!



Today was one of my "at-home Fridays". I love these days!! I never really have a plan for them, but the kids and I always seem to have a great day. Today I took them to the Library and started them on the Summer Reading Program. Spence checked out 3 books and Olive checked out none. That is because Olive had a meltdown and we had to leave immediately. But, at least Spence managed to get his books, a few easy-readers. We are trying to get him prepared. A few weeks ago, I met with his Kindergarten teacher for next year and she mentioned that the class will begin having homework the first week of school and will start reading simple books the first week too...and have spelling tests every Friday. Gosh, I'm pretty sure in my Kindergarten class all we did was color and have recess.

We also went to Kohl's in search of some sandals for Olive as her toes are sticking out of the ones she is currently sporting. Shocked, I found out they don't even carry her size...for any of you Mom's out there with kids who wear toddler 4's, don't bother going to Kohl's. As we were walking out, Spence spotted the sunglasses rack and he picked a pair out for himself and for Olive. He did a great job, both kids look like movie stars!!! Then Spence had to try on everyone's glasses.

No comments: