12/03/2007

Visit with Santa Claus!


Well, today was the annual Take the Kids to the Mall to See Santa Day! Spencer was very excited and Olive was.... less than enthusiastic about the whole thing. But, going on a Monday morning works out great because there are no lines. When we arrived, Spencer ran up to the decorated area where he saw another little boy who was clinging to his mom, crying. Spence then yelled.."I'm not scared" and ran right up to Santa. I followed with Olive, but didn't put her in his lap until Spence had his time with the big man in red. He told him he wanted a snowball maker...don't know where that came from....probably him just trying to make something up on the spot.., some art supplies and CD's.

Once I sat Olive down, I knew it wasn't going to be good. She didn't cry, but she didn't like being left either. Spence was all smiles, and Olive gave her basic "get me out of here" look. I'm just thankful she didn't cry...I'll expect that next year. We didn't get a pic of Spence at two, because he wouldn't go near Santa. Speaking of Spence...wow, he's giving us a time lately. His obsession with music and CD's is on the verge of mania. He knows every song and their track numbers on various CD's (i.e. Elvis Costello, Joan Osborne, Jimmy Buffet, Paul Simon, Fiona Apple, Beastie Boys, Ben Folds, etc.) You can probably tell Larry's music versus mine. Anyway, we had to put a stop to Beastie Boys when Spence asked me the other day if I wanted to "kick the habit".....

I am considering getting him a child-size piano that has "real" keys. I've been researching it online and have found a few that have 30 keys. We are planning on starting him with lessons....looking for a way to channel his love and energy for music. I asked him not too long ago to pick an instrument he would like to learn to play and he said "either the violin or the piano"....so I'm going with the piano since we have one (that is in dire need of tuning) and I know how to play (somewhat). That might be his big gift from Santa.

As for Olive for Christmas...I just don't know what to get her. She has all of Spencer's hand-me-downs, so it's hard to justify getting her much....but Spencer knows Santa comes, so I have to produce at least a few things. These are wonderful predicaments to have.....and I so enjoy the magic that surrounds Christmas with my little guys!!!

1 comment:

zoogal said...

Tirzah, they are both so cute!! You know you can count on Spencer for a good grin! I love the video of Olivia as well.....just jabbering away. Before you know it she will be running around telling everyone what to do:)